If you are a Kent business thinking of exporting or trading overseas, the first question you may be asking is “who can help me”? There are various organisations and programmes in Kent which can provide support and advice services to local firms wishing to do business abroad whether you are an experienced exporter or are completely new to international trade.
Can you support Kent businesses in international trade?
The KIB partners realise that there are a number of Kent businesses which have expertise and can provide support to other Kent companies in international trade. If you would like to upload a profile of your business please click below:
Choose a filter...
The Boost4Health (B4H) project is part funded by the Interreg 5B North West Europe programme and will support Kent-based Life Sciences companies with internationalisation and in particular market entry into mainland Europe. The project can provide internationalisation and travel vouchers and connect Kent companies to businesses in mainland Europe.
- Take part in an international business growth coaching programme
- Be part of a product validation network
- Take part in international Life Science clustering activities
- Receive micro-financing for growth acceleration & international collaborations
Canterbury Christ Church University
The Research and Enterprise Development Centre at Canterbury Christ Church University can offer a number of support activities to assist businesses in Kent involved in international trade:
- Assistance with strategic development
- International marketing plans
- Training in operating in an international environment
- Courses on international culture and communication
- Development of financial strategy
- Courses in financial strategy
- Foreign Languages training
- International Student Internships
- + 44 (0) 1227 782652
Department for International Trade (South East)
DIT is the government organisation dedicated to helping businesses to gain and develop the skills to trade successfully overseas. Through its local trade advisers, DIT can provide a number of support services and access to a network of Embassies, Consulates and other offices in over 100 markets worldwide.
DIT can offer the following support services to Kent companies:
- Passport to Export – a package of support for new or inexperienced exporters
- Support to visit overseas markets – UKTI South East lead a number of market visits each year to countries around the world
- Events & Training courses – benefit from a series of informative events and training courses on international subjects
- Exhibition support – help to attend trade fairs and overseas exhibitions
- Market Research – learn more about your chosen market through our flexible Overseas Market Information Service
- Language and International Communication – assistance to help you understand the local business culture and maximise your marketing and communications materials
- Gateway to Global Growth – a comprehensive programme for more experienced exporters For more information
- + 44 (0) 8452 789 600
Enterprise Europe Network
The Kent Enterprise Europe Network is a specialist support network for SMEs with representation in over 45 countries. Its role is to raise awareness of business opportunities for companies within the EU and inform them of relevant regulations, programmes and initiatives.
The Kent Enterprise Europe Network offers a range of tailored services to help businesses including:
- Information helpline on trading with the EU
- Partner Finder service across the 27 EU markets and 21 other countries, to match commercial or technology requirements
- National, Member state and EU Legislation information
- Matchmaking events, workshops & seminars
- Research grant funding opportunities
- +44 (0)844 725 2244
Innovative Sector Exchange (ISE Project)
The ISE project can help companies in Kent to innovate, adapting products, services or business processes, to be able to enter new European markets. This project connects Kent companies to opportunities in Northern France, East & West Flanders (Belgium) and the SW of the Netherlands. ISE is part financed by the EU Interreg 5A 2 Seas Programme and the European Regional Development Fund.
- Workshops and events in Kent and its European partner regions
- 1-2-1 advice and innovation coaching
- Market visits and partnering events
- International innovation events
- Access to new cross-border business clusters
- +44(0)3000 422416
Kent County Council
In its latest medium term plan “Bold Steps for Kent”, KCC has pledged to help the Kent economy to grow and make the most of Kent’s unique gateway location between London and mainland Europe.
In its latest medium term plan “Bold Steps for Kent”, KCC has pledged to help the Kent economy to grow and make the most of Kent’s unique gateway location between London and mainland Europe. Whilst trading overseas is a proven route to economic growth, KCC is aware that Kent firms are not trading abroad as actively as those in other parts of the South East. Kent County Council is therefore co-ordinating the Kent International Business partnership programme to encourage more local companies to access overseas markets through providing more coherent international trade support for the county.
KCC is also the lead partner for the EU funded ISE project which can provide support to Kent businesses wishing to explore nearby European markets (East & West Flanders, SW Holland and Nord-Pas de Calais (France)) as well as the Boost4Health project which can help Life Science companies with internationalisation.
- +44 (0) 3000 410514